Friday, September 12, 2008

Leathers!

One thing I needed to find before any running with this bike, was a set of suitable leathers, boots, and gloves. Per the rules, and general "rule of thumb for Bonneville," I looked for all leather construction, without much perforations across the front and in other critical areas. This seems to be the key, as many track day leathers use perforated material across the chest, and under the arms for ventilation. I didn't really need to pickup anything quite this soon, but I've been keeping an eye out for items locally.

As it turns out, I came across a set that seem to fit the bill, for a good price. They are a two-piece set of Sinsalo leathers, full leather construction, dual zippers at the waist, that fit me well. A tad snug in the legs/knees, but I am comfortable while in the tucked position. They also came with a set of full leather boots and gloves, both of which fit perfectly.

Captain America Returns!



Fully Tucked and Ready for Speed


All I need now is a suitably rated Helmet. My SA2005 Helmet I use for the Formula Vee is not M rated, and has a much smaller field of vision. So the search begins for a M2005 helmet...

C'

No comments: