Saturday, October 18, 2008

New (and cleaned up) Engine Parts

I spent some time today cleaning up engine parts, mostly top end cylinder head parts like rocker arms, valves, springs, pushrods etc. I also took the opportunity to lighten a couple sets of just about every component. My goal is to have two complete running engines, and enough spare parts to rebuild each engine if needed.

I'm building up the original C110 4-speed along with a C100 3-speed. The C110 will have all the hot rod light weight parts, while the C100 will get mostly stock parts, and end up being the test mule over the winter and spring.

Two sets of lightened rocker arms:



A few sets of valves. The back set is stock, the front three sets have been backcut and lightened around the tulip:



One of two sets of brand new 40mm C10 Piston Kits I found, complete with pin, rings, and pin clips:



10-Pack of "O-Rings" kits. Seal the cylinder head to cylinder barrel, around the pushrod openings:


After I assemble a rocker box and cylinder head, I'll assemble the C100 engine and get it mounted in the frame.

C'

No comments: