Monday, October 20, 2008

Front Fender Fun

All it takes is a little paint, and suddenly little Salty starts to look like a motorcycle. I prepped and painted the front fender over the weekend, and got it mounted up late last night. I just couldn't wait to see what it looked like.

It took a bit of fiddling to get the fender to fit just right, as it isn't the original C110 front fender. I'm not actually sure what it came off of, as it was just sitting in my spare parts bin. It looks the part and will keep salt spray off the engine when bombing along at 50mph.


Freshly painted front fender mounted on bike:



Close up of the front fender, still needing a good rubbing out and polishing:



Lastly, I test fit the side covers. The "left" side covers up the battery, while the "right" side covers up the air filter. I'm not yet decided on the final cover. I shot them black primer just to see how black would look, but I don't like it. Perhaps silver will work for them. hhmm.........


C'

No comments: