Thursday, August 21, 2008

Front Fender Fun

After sorting through my bins of random spare front fenders I've pulled off parts bikes, I came across a scabbed up unit off a 1965 Suzuki K11. It has the same full fendered lines of the original C110 fender - which didn't come with the bike - and the same basic proportions. After a bit of measuring, and test fitting, it looked like it would be a good match up.

I only had to drill two new holes for it to mount to the front fork tubes, and shorten the little rear stays that support the back of the fender. It will obviously need a bit of body work, as it was rather dented and skinned up, but I like the overall look of it.


Suzuki K11 front fender mounted up easily, allowing for full suspension travel with no rubbing.


Easily mounts to upper front shock bolts


Should help keep the salt spray down


Chris H.

No comments: